Scotland and the Northern Powerhouse Regions: Supporting Innovative Companies to GO FURTHER
Take a look at our Roundtable discussion from 24th June.
As part of the Go Further Investment Index, this panel discussion saw a team of experts come together to zone in on the business landscape of Scotland and the North, highlighting key opportunities for companies and discussing how to take advantage of them. The session will allow SMEs to find out more finance and funding, support networks and research clusters as well as tackle key questions including:
- Why are Scotland and the Northern Powerhouses such great places to do business?
- What does the business support landscape look like across these two areas?
- Why is the North West breeding so many ‘’unicorn’’ companies?
- What advice is on offer to companies looking for investment?
• Nicki Clark, Chief Executive, UMi (moderator)
• Henry Whorwood, Head of Research and Consultancy, Beauhurst
• Alisdair Gunn, Head of Business – Glasgow City Innovation District and Industry and Innovation Engagement, University of Strathclyde
• Khadija Ashfaq, Investment Manager, Northstar Ventures
• George Richardson, CEO, AeroCloud Systems